No need for a mixer and clean up is super easy! Mix everything in one bowl.
Ready In: 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes
Difficulty Level: 1 of 5 stars
Recipe Variations: Add 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans.
- 2 to 3 very ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar (1 cup if you want more sweet)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and butter a 4 x 8 inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a rack. Remove the banana bread from the pan, slice and serve.